Friday, April 1, 2011

Recipe: Cranberry Couscous Salad

When I was a student in Chicago, I lived next to a Whole Foods.  During the winters when going out of a heated apartment was near suicide, the organic grocery across the street was a lifesaver. One of my favorites is their Cranberry Couscous Salad. Though I could never find the original recipe online, I invented one that (I think) is close enough to the original. 


Prep Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
Couscous, 1 cup uncooked (I prefer the pearl variety, but any kind will work) Cook according to the package's instructions *
Olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons
Thyme, 1 handful, crushed
Dried cranberries, 1/2 cup
Walnuts, crushed, 1/2 cup
Spring onions, 2 stalks, chopped
Salt and pepper 

* I cook couscous with chicken broth and butter 

Directions
Fluff the couscous once cooked. Remove from heat.
In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, thyme, cranberries, walnuts and spring onions.  
Fold the couscous into the bowl.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve at room temperature.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...