Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ashtanga Yoga Lounge

On a whim, a bought a music CD from the recently concluded yoga conference. I normally don't buy "world music" but I thought, what the heck. I had already bought a ton of stuff at the conference and was probably over my luggage weight limit. One CD wouldn't hurt.



Stuck the CD in, turned up the volume and waited for the kitschy sitar music to start. Instead, some pretty chill lounge music started coming out.  Tracks like "Govinda Jaya Jaya" and " "He Ma Durga" were not folksy at all. (If you can call Sanskrit chanting folksy)

I highly recommend this CD to anyone who wants to spice up their practice with some cool sounds. It's also a great dinner party accompaniment :) 

The set is composed of 2 discs, with 12 songs each. Artists such as Donna de Lory, Oman Chali and Jami Seiber comprise the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...