Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mummy Musings

As a mother to a willful 2-year old, here are some things I cannot do without

  • Moist wipes
  • 2-piece puzzles
  • Sticker books
  • iPad
  • Yoga



In the craziness created by breastfeeding, sleepless nights and household responsibilities yoga has kept me sane. Prenatal yoga kept me from sinking into a black hole of boredom during the 9 moths of pregnancy. Hatha yoga one month after delivery helped me rediscover my body. Ashtanga yoga two months hence helped me develop my confidence and my strength.


Yoga can be many things to many people. In my case, it gives me a peaceful retreat in the midst of a riotous existence. When I get on the mat, there is nothing but me and my breath and the endless possibilities that exist in between. 


Yoga has reaffirmed my identity as  woman. I was not just a housekeeper or a caretaker or a milk source. When the tummy was sagging, the eyebags were darkening and the once-carefree girl was nowhere to be found, yoga helped me get my spark back. 


For that, I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...